The protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right which we take very seriously. All data processing is carried out in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the relevant laws of the Republic of Bulgaria.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
(hereinafter “Personal Data”).
“Non-Personal Data” is data which will be logged for internal system-related and statistical purposes, which cannot be tracked back to you (name of the file accessed, date and time of access, data volume transferred, notification of successful access and transfer, web browser and requesting domain). Data disclosing your identity will not be publicly used by INSIGHT EVENTS LTD. INSIGHT EVENTS LTD may, however, use any data collected in anonymized form, in particular for purposes of statistical analyses.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
“Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the Controller.
“Recipient” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with the laws of the European Union or any of its Member States shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
“Third party” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the Data Subject, Controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the Controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
“Consent” of the Data Subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the Data Subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
“Joint Controller” means two or more controllers who jointly determine the purposes and means of processing.
3. Processed Data
In the course of your visit to our website, INSIGHT EVENTS LTD will collect the following information:
- the date and time of accessing a page on our website,
- your Internet protocol address (IP address),
- brand name and version of your web browser, as well as your chosen language setting,
- your operating system,
- your Internet service provider,
- the website (URL) from which you were referred to our website,
- certain cookies (see section10 below),
- date / time (hereinafter “traffic data” and
- any information that you voluntarily enter in our registration form according to paragraph 3.2.
INSIGHT EVENTS LTD may collect, store and use your personal data when you register on our website as well as when you fill out an offline form or provide data to us in any other form of interaction. When you register with our online platform, the following personal data will be collected, saved and processed by INSIGHT EVENTS LTD:
- full name
- title, salutation
- workplace / institution
- credit card details
- passport details for conference invitation letters where requested by delegate to obtain travel visa
- declaration of interests
If you sign up to this event, we will use your Data to manage your registration. Please note that we may be taking pictures and record video footage of our events (hereinafter “Event Data”). Unless you are a speaker, we
4. Purposes for which we process your data
We will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- administer the website and its business (e.g. your personal my INSIGHT EVENTS LTD profile);
- personalise the Website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- supply to you services purchased through the website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send to you non-marketing commercial communications; to be able to respond to your inquiries; to send you statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect payments from you;
- send to you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send to you our email newsletters respectively in case you have accepted such service, (you can inform us at any time if you want to unsubscribe from the newsletters);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud, to detect, prevent and investigate attacks on our website;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Website.
- to improve and develop the Website;
- to be able to compile usage statistics;
- preparation of reports on our events,
- providing information about our events on our intranet and the internet, including an event gallery
- manage our event attendees;
- supply to you services purchased through the Website;
- contact you with regard to the event you have registered for;
- run statistics with regard to our event attendees; and
- improve our future events.
5. Transfer of your Personal Data
To achieve the purposes set out above, we will transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- IT service providers that we use (such as but not limited to our website provider or Google Inc. for analytics);
- Distributors and postal service providers that we use;
- Payment service providers; and
- Subcontractors we retain for the organization of our events.
Your Personal Data will only be processed and/or disclosed or otherwise transferred to third parties if the disclosure or transfer
- is based on the consent of the Data Subject to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes; or
- is necessary for the performance of the contract you have signed with us; or
- is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject (e.g. tax obligations); or
- is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person; or
- is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller.
6. Links to other websites
We use “cookies” to improve the functionality of our website. Cookies are small text files that may be installed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to provide site visitors with additional functionality within the site. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer.
- will be deleted again when you close your browser (session cookies);
- remain stored on your end user device even after you close your browser (permanent cookies);
- originate from us (first party cookies) or from third parties.
Through our cookies, we process data on the following legal bases and for the following purposes:
- We use all other cookies (e.g. Tracking Cookies) on the basis of your consent. You give us your consent via our cookie banner.
In order to withdraw your consent or to restrict it to certain cookies, you have inter alia the following options:
- Use the settings of your browser. Details can be found in the help function of your browser (usually accessible via the F1 key on your keyboard).
Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. Please note that the functionality of our websites may be impaired if you withdraw or restrict your consent.
8. Retention period
In principle, we will save your Traffic Data for a period of twenty-four months. Other personal data (e.g. email conversation) will be saved for seven years. We will only retain your Personal Data for a longer period (i) to the extent necessary to investigate attacks on our website or (ii) as long as are required under statutory retention obligations or (iii) as long as potential legal claims are not yet time-barred, where personal data is needed to raise or defend against the claim.
If you register on the website with INSIGHT EVENTS LTD we will retain your registration data at least for as long as your account is active.
9. Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
- obtain confirmation as to whether and what kind of personal data we store about you and to request copies of such data,
- request rectification or erasure of your personal data,
- request us to restrict the processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your personal data,
- withdraw any consent previously granted for the processing (withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal), and
- request data portability.
10. Our contact details
INSIGHT EVENTS LTD
Uzundzhovska Street 7-9
T: +359 886 108052